Monday, February 2, 2009

First Choice...

As I mentioned yesterday I am going to run a marathon. I thought that it would be nice to elaborate on my decision to undertake such a huge commitment. Firstly it helps me keep my weight in check and allows me to eat things that otherwise my metabolism would not process. Secondly jogging is time for me. I am big on personal space and time and when I jog it is time that I can be totally self absorbed.

Some things that I need to consider in my marathon of choice are follows. Time of year, I can't do it in the summer because my husband and I have seasonal jobs (summer is our busy season). Also I hate running in the cold so the winter is also out. Spring is not enough time to train, leaving fall the choice season for me. Location, I would like to run in a state that is near me. So somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. And the course, because this is my first marathon I would like a fairly flat course and nice scenery.



Taking all of these factors into consideration, I believe I have found my first contender. The Royal Victoria Marathon in Victoria BC Canada.



Look at all those beautiful miles of Ocean that you get to run by. And when you're not on the water you're jogging through a visually stimulating downtown. Get to run a marathon and do some window shopping at the same time. It's a win- win situation.

Has anyone heard anything about this race? Or have different recommendations?

2 comments:

  1. Being from Atlanta, GA, I have never heard of this race, but I would imagine it's incredible!!! Good luck! I can't wait to hear about your training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I had actually briefly considered a Southern marathon because my parents spend there winters in Tennessee. Any that you would suggest?

    ReplyDelete